Saturday, November 17, 2018

Gay #Texas City Councilman Defeated In Recall Election Following Release of Nude Photos, Texts [#TXPOLITICS 24/7]


Overlooked by the major contests of the November 6th election, a small, conservative town ousted their openly gay councilman after an anonymous source released salacious pictures and texts he had made on a gay dating app.

Cross Coburn, 19, was defeated in a recall election in the town of Groves, TX, reports the New York Times, nine months after private messages he sent on the gay dating app "Grindr" were released publicly. He called the release of the private messages "blackmail."

Supporters of a petition to remove him used the release to question whether he fit the “moral standards” of the city of 16,000.

“I regret that it got out, but I will never regret being human,” Coburn told the Times. "I do not believe that me having consensual conversations with another adult has any merit to how I can perform my duties."


No comments:

Post a Comment